GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2002 S-10 with an issue

Customer Question

Hi. My name is ***** ***** and I have a 2002 S-10 with an issue regarding limited power from the engine (almost like a limp mode), and gauges on the dash not working.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure - the two symptoms started last week and seem to be coming from the same cause. The truck is an automatic, 2wd model. The speedometer and tachometer are not working and the truck acts like it is in 3rd gear when in Drive. If I drop it down to 1/2/3 (low drive) it will respond and accelerate in the lower gears. Once I get going, I gradually shift into the higher gears, and eventually back into drive.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

with the speedometer not working, the transmission will not function correctly. is there a check engine light?? if there is, do you know the code??? we need to see if there is any signal to the pcm from the vehicle speed sensor

Roy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
there is a check engine light. However, do not know the code.
Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

you can get it for free at a parts store. we need this to help trak down the failure

Roy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I will get the code read.
Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

I will be until about 2

Roy