Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I have a 2009 suburban and the front seats do not heat or

Customer Question

I have a 2009 suburban and the front seats do not heat or cool. the dealer said i need a new control module. I have that, but cannot find it on the car. Alldata says its under the passenger seat but it is not. the P/N is 25862293. Any idea where this is located
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

The module that you have looks like a rear seat control module. It's hard to say though since that part number brings up multiple modules for some reason.

Here is a diagram which lists the control modules for all of the seats. It lists a separate control module for each seat in the front and one for the rear seats.

Did the dealership give you the part number for the part that you have?

It's possible that what they are calling the control module is something else.

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's the number off of the module I got from the dealer. I already found it anyway. The dealer has sent me 3 incorrect modules. Frustrating. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

Ok. Please let me know if you need any assistance in the future.