rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2006 malibu lt 3,5 code p1887. when engine lite is on

Customer Question

2006 malibu lt 3,5 code p1887. when engine lite is on scanner does not communicate,when lite goes off it, any suggestions? ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry,when lite goes off it will communicate
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This problem is usually related to the computer being bad or needing re-programming. The best thing to do is test ALL the computer functions and modules when it is communicating to get more data.

Thanks, Ron