Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

The drivers side door controls in my 2002 Corvette fail to

Customer Question

The drivers side door controls in my 2002 Corvette fail to work. I start the car after it sits for a few days and everything is fine. On the next startup, the passenger window rolls down by itself and the driver's door controls quit working, including the illumination. I've replace the LDCM, the BCM, and the door switch assembly. The D.I.C. codes indicate that the LDCM gets no power, but why does it work fine after a power reset (removing the battery cable)?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's all I know to share. I can answer questions if you have any.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 10 months ago.

I'd replace the PDCM as well, it can't be a circuits cause removing a battery cable resets it, the sole models and class 2 and can reset after a cable is removed and can control the windows and illumination by itself. Make sure the battery connections are clean and tight and the fuses for the door control module left and right have testlight power Whe. The problem occur. Please give a positive rating. Thanks

Expert:  Triston replied 10 months ago.

If you want to do a live call and I help you test the system is be happy. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've replaced the LDCM, the BCM, and the door control switches with no change.