Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Key fobs wont work, all lights work took off power hrs does

Customer Question

key fobs wont work , all lights work took off power for 16 hrs does same thing locks work on inside no cluster lights seems like all is good just wont turn over
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: cluster lights do not come on, all others do,truck wont start. interior locks work,all other lights work, battery new, both key fobs do not work,help
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i have a after market remote starter, it does not work but lights click off , took it out of action, played with alll manuel directions,seems like the vehical just locked up, everyy thing works except yhe original key fobs, have lots of power from the interior locks work ,outside lights work, can here the fuel gas engage, but there is no cluster lights,can get odometer to come on, then it goes out,seems like someone just killed the engine!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just noticed the signal lights flashing on off, tried to start with aftermarket and it started going ot to see wtf is going on, please advise what could be wrong!!!!! its running now
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself in some cases.I have seen this switch fail before in the past needing replaced to correct this fault here.I have also seen where the after market remote start can fail internally causing this and had to remove it completely from the vehicle and wire the vehicle back to factory to correct this here.If this has not been done I would start with this and see if this corrects the fault and if it does not then the electronic ignition switch needs tested to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete