BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a chevy 2500 pickup and it has several warning lights

Customer Question

I have a chevy 2500 pickup and it has several warning lights on so how do I reset them as everything is working fine.***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well its an old 99 with 200 k and turnig it into a snowplow the gauges tell me tenp and oil press are fine it stops good but the batt. goes dead if ir sits overnight . all in all it runs good drives fine .
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. If the engine light is on then the only way to truly reset it is with a computer scan tool. You can get cheap ones at most auto parts stores. It can also occur if the battery is low. If the lights come back on after they are reset then you need to get the codes and see what the problem is so that the vehicle can be fixed so that the lights do not return. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.