GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Im ***** *****. i have a 2000 chevy tahoe and my 4wd does

Customer Question

im ***** *****. i have a 2000 chevy tahoe and my 4wd does not work and the indicator lights do not work when i press any button to engage 4wd.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no but i have a couple of other issues i need to clarify after this one
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

when you first key up the truck will the 4WD lights all light up and bulb check then shut off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no lights turn on from the 4wd indicators.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if nothing even when you key it up can you check and see if the fuse called 4WD in the inside fuse box is not blown and see if the fuse called ATC in the under hood fuse box are good ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are both good.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

do both show 12 volts at them ?

if so disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for 1 minute then reconnect both battery cables to the battery will it work after doing that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did that still nothing. what do u mean by both show 12 volts at them?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

with the key on and the fuses in place testing through the little openings in the tops of those fuses do both show 12 volts on both sides of them ?