Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

My husband has 2000 1500 Silverado truck. He had the fuel

Customer Question

My husband has 2000 1500 Silverado truck. He had the fuel pump replaced because it started killing in idle. The problem is worse now. He has to drive with two feet to keep it running. I heard somewhere there was a reset that might need to be reset
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 10 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? Where did he get fuel pump?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No to the gauge. Oreilly's auto parts and a shop near by changed it. Does this mean anything to you. Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 2 I believe this was something a Rileys gave my husband after they tested his oil pump which was reading low

Did they test his fuel pump or his oil pump? Do you know what brand pump he got at O'Reillys?

The bank 1 sensor 2 high fault could be his problem. I would start by replacing the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail.

It is possible the regulator may fix his problem.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm sure it was the fuel pump they texted. The pump I'm not sure of. It reads pfp a0036 f/p assembly and a fuel filter

That is a precision brand. I would still start with a regulator. They are inexpensive and a regular failure part. pretty easy to change with a pair of snap ring pliers.

If the regulator does not fix I would have fuel pressure tested again. If it is under 55PSI I would replace it with an ACDelco pump.