Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

00 won't start - have change ignition switch radio said cal

Customer Question

00 Monte Carlo won't start - have change ignition switch radio said cal error and reset that - still no start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Car ran fine no issues - Died in middle of road, would not turn over via key; when you hard wire to starter it will turn over but not crank - gas gauge is reading low fuel - although I have half tank of gas. So we replace ignition switch - thinking that was problem, after replacing - the radio showed cal error so we reset or attempted to reset the passlock system, still nothing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 10 months ago.

First make sure that the ABS/PCM fuse and the crank fuse is good, if so hold the key in the store position and you said should have power on the crank feel hold the key in the store position and you said should have power on the crank fuse if you do not reply back . Next remove the crank relay hold the key in the start position in the four slots from the remove the relay you should have two power and to ground signals when testing with a voltmeter if you do not reply back, if you are missing one ground you will be a scan to to continue the diagnostics the problem is more than likely a bad engine control module or a security issue at this point if everything tested good replace the crank relay. Please give a positive rating. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just did the security relearn - 1. Perform a security system relearn. 2. Let the vehicle sit for more than 10 minutes with the key off. 3. Attempt to start the engine, leave the key in the run position monitoring the security system indicator. 4. After 10 minutes, the security indicator will change state (turns off). 5. Turn the key off and wait 10 seconds. 6. Attempt to start the engine. If the engine stalls, wait another 10 minutes with the key on. 7. After the second 10 minute timer has expired, turn the key off for 10 seconds. 8. Attempt to start the engine. If the engine stalls, wait another 10 minutes with the key on. 9. After the 3rd 10 minute timer has expired, shut the key off for 10 seconds. 10. The security system will relearn on the 4th starting attempt and the engine should start and run. And it still won't start. While I'm sitting in the car the 1st cycle the indicators alternated between battery and low fuel. 2nd cycle while on jumper cables - only indicator is low fuel 3rd cycle - low fuel still and we had 1/2 tank of gas when it died
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I still don't have an answer, my car will not start still!!! I went to Autozone and rented a code reader/scanner to try to resolve this issue, the code reader reads link error and no closer to starting then I was last week. Everything I've read points me to the passlock and needing to bypass, however I've completed the above referenced Passlock bypass/relearn and still nothing. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I NEED HELP AND CAN'T STAND BEING WITHOUT TRANSPORTATION FOR ANOTHER MINUTE.