GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2006 Chevy impala and the sunroof is stuck open is

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Chevy impala and the sunroof is stuck open is there a way to manually close it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
I am not sure if you have used our service before or not. The experts here are third party contractors. Myself, I am a GM technician in a Gm dealership. I will be happy to help you. Please understand that my only compensation for the time spent helping you is by your rating of my service in a positive way. The more information you provide, the better the chances of getting your issue resolved. Also please reply if you have any followup questions.
So about your vehicle,

Does the sunroof try to move? What happened to this?
Normally we cannot move it manually, Its like moving a power window without the window motor working as there is a brake in there. The motor is on the front of the track and may be accessible through the trim. If so, there might be a spot to insert a allen key and turn it, but one is not listed in the manual so if there is not, fixing the issue will be the next option.