GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with active fuel management

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ with active fuel management which has hd a series f problems sincelast November. It has been making a thump noise during transition from 8 to 4 cylinders and on occasion the warning to service Stabilitrac or traction control comes on. Until yesterday oblt temporarily, but last night foe half my trip home. Upshift from 1 to 2 gearsis rough and engine does not idle correctly when this occurs. I had the car in multiple times for extendedtimes with no resolution. I've seen reference to these problems on line being connected to the ECM and TCM. Is there a way to repairthis and someone capable of doing it?
I'm at my wit's end
Tom
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 10 months ago.

Hi there I'm sorry for your problems, active fuel management in my opinion is the worse thing gm has done it's gotten better but thr 07 08 models are terrible. Yes it can be fixed but out of warranty it can be costly. They sell kits that disable it that would be my route. If your wanting to keep it. First step would be scanning for codes and making sure you have the most recent version of software.