GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2001 Blazer LT my friend did an oil change and

Customer Question

My name is***** have a 2001 Blazer LT my friend did an oil change and notice what he described as shiny like shalc coating on the underside of my Blazer in Nov 2015 and today my friend replaced my thermostat and it started leaking antifreeze on the right passanger side he could not see where the leaking is coming from he saw the same kind of shiny shalc on the underside he checked all the hoses also there has been no leaking on my floor board the mileage on it is 159,333 please help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had an issue back in 2014 summer where I started to smoke and the place that I have my worked done said add water and bring to to them and they did not find anything they also told me that I was needing EGR valve and new thermostat they told me this in the summer of 2015 because my service engine soon light came on and had been going on and off then in dec the light came on and stayed on until thursday and went off that when my thermostat went out on night of jan 22 that is all that was going on til today
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 11 months ago.

does he have a coolant pressure tester?