Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 98 chev 1500 with an electric transfercase issue

Customer Question

CustomerI have a 98 chev 1500 with an electric transfercase issue
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: decoder motor tries to run with key off, seems to be stuck in 4 lo put new trans in, changed t case, new decoder motor, changed out switch and tccm with different ones, due to the change no codes are saved
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect for any shorted or damaged wiring at the encoder motor or leading to it as well as any corroded wiring or connections needing repaired.I have seen in some cases before where corroded or damaged wiring will cause this type of fault here needing repaired or replaced.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete