Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's
27644750

When i turn my lights on my 99 suburban they come on and

Customer Question

when i turn my lights on my 99 suburban they come on and stay on for about 10 min then go off for about 2 min then back on they continue this cycle til you turn them them off. the daytime running lights do not work and have not worked for a long time this problem started after i replaced the headlight switch that was bad
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. Have you since swapped the switch once again ? It sounds to me like the issue is temperature related. Where once the circuit heats up connection breaks until it cools down

Then it makes connection again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i changed the switch again still the same
Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

Ok if you have a test light and a voltmeter I can walk you through some test steps tomorrow if you will be around

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

Ok I'll upload a few diagrams soon and give you a path

Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

Just to confirm what specific lights flash ? So I can get you the correct diagram

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Just the head lights when it happens both high and low beam are affected
Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

Ok thanks. I'll get the diagrams

Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

Going over it all , you said the issue did not start until you replaced the headlight switch ?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 10 months ago.

On the headlight switch I need you to verify there is a yellow and a red wire they should be terminal g and c of the connector. When the problem happens verify with a test light there is constant power on the red wire. Then if there is check the yellow wire to see if the power flashes with the lights.