Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

How do I change the ignition switch on a 2000 Cadillac

Customer Question

how do I change the ignition switch on a 2000 Cadillac escalade ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: had starter taken out and tested due to vehicle not starting after installing a brand new battery, starter tested to be good. re-installed starter, connected negative terminal, then proceeded connect the positive terminal and the motor turned over without the key in the ignition. could it possibly be the ignition switch?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

That sounds like either an ignition switch problem or an aftermarket security system acting up.

Here is the procedure for changing the switch.

I'm leaving the shop right now. I'll check back in later to see if you need more help.

Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

Did you need any additional information?