GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Russ. Want to find fuel pump relay on 1995 G20 Van to test

Customer Question

Russ. Want to find fuel pump relay on 1995 G20 Van to test before going to trouble of dropping tank and replacing pump. Can you pinpoint relay location?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Starts if I shoot ether in the carb but wont run. Has been parked for years. Used to occasionally charge battery, start and run for 5 minutes. Just tried now and it won't start. Last started 3 months ago and ran fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

it is in the fuse/relay center under the hood. the legend is under the cover.

you can test for power to the pump at the connector at the tank. the gray wire shuld be hot for 2 seconds with the key on. it will continue to run while cranking and voltage should be constant

Roy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I see no fuse/relay center under the hood. There is a fuse block high up under the dash but nothing under the hood. It's a 1995 G20 Van very crowded and very little space under the hood.
Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

look on the drivers side behind the headlight. it is hidden pretty well.

it would be easier to verify the voltage at the connector at the rear at the fuel pump connector

Roy

Roy

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's dark now and snow is drifted around the back of the van. I'll wait a couple days until the snow melts before trying to get under it.
Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

ok