GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** ***** .I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado and it

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** .I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado and it dies while driving I have to wait 5 minutes or so and it will start and run then dies again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The engine light came on and I had it checked and they said it was the TCM causing it but its at a local shop now and this guy said it was the BCM so he changed it and it does the same thing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
I am not sure if you have used our service before or not. The experts here are third party contractors. Myself, I am a GM technician in a Gm dealership. I will be happy to help you. Please understand that my only compensation for the time spent helping you is by your rating of my service in a positive way. The more information you provide, the better the chances of getting your issue resolved. Also please reply if you have any followup questions.
So about your vehicle,

What engine is in your vehicle?

HOW many miles?

How long does it run for when it is going?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the engine is 5.3 it has 111,000 miles and it may run for 5 minutes or 30 minutes

Ok, have you checked the fuel pressure when it does?

When it will not start, does it have spark?

Can you ask them guys to check these next?