Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 2010 Impala which had bunch of air bag codes worked

Customer Question

i have a 2010 Impala which had bunch of air bag codes worked the connection under the seats and clear the codes and now we are getting B0014 and B0021 and can't get rid of them
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is usually for connector under passenger seat and B0014 is connector under drivers seat. If connections are good then this points toward problem with the airbags. Disconnect the passenger front side airbag. Connect at 2.2 ohm resistor between the terminal for the Tan/White wire and the terminal for the Light Green wire. Enable the SIR system. Check for the code to reset. If it does not, the passenger front side airbag in the seat is defective. If it does reset you have a wiring/connection problem. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's great, the problem is i am not much of electrical genus. what do i use to check that an ohm reader?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or i need to buy a 2.2 ohm resistor ? from where?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You can buy a 2.2 ohm resistor from radioshack. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Here is a link to buy them off ebay if you can not find them locally.

-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-2-2-Ohm-Carbon-Film-Resistors-1-Watt-5-SRS-Airbags-Fast-Shipping-/221868652119?hash=item33a866f657:g:LzIAAOSwyQtV43Th

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what should i look for locally ?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

A 1 watt 2.2 ohm resistor. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me see where i can find it. so i will unplug the yellow conector and inseret it in the female side of the 2 wires you mentioned and clear the codes if the light stays out the problem is the conector if comes back then is the seat airbsag sensor. and where is that sensor?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

If light comes on with resistor installed that means problem is wiring or connector. If light stays off then airbag is the problem. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I thought it was other way around
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Nope, the resistor basically acts as the airbag. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WILL , i get back to you when i get the resistor. does this work with all airbags in cars or just chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Just chevy. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't find 1 watt 2.2 ohm. They have a 1/2 watt 2.2. Would that work?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

You can try it but I've used a 1 watt when I've done it myself. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi dan.
the resistors came in today, Now i have the codes for both side pass. and driver airbag. do i need just to put the resistor on the pass. side only or both side? if both side the wire colors are not white and tan and light green on the driver side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I rated you does that mean that question is finished with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to hear back from you on this issue
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Resistors should be on both passenger and drivers side airbag connectors. Let me know how it goes thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The driver side plug has different color than the passenger side my question to you is which two wire I need to put resistor on
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Tan/white and light green wires on right side and brown and yellow/black wires on left side.