Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I drive a 2008 hhr chevy. recently I had work done on the

Customer Question

I drive a 2008 hhr chevy. recently I had work done on the car and lost all power in my stereo. I replaced a fuse and got the stereo back but lost sound on left side of car. what could be wrong? maybe an amp fuse or a lost speaker?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Your model vehicle here uses an audio amplifier for the sound system.If this amplifier has failed with one of its sound chips internally failing (as usually there are sound chips for each side of the vehicle or each speaker on some models) this will cause this fault here.Depending on the work that was done there is a good chance that the radio itself has an internal fault and isnt sending the left channel sound ouput to the amplifier since the radio has a blown fuse.I have seen this before.Usually when you do have sound on some speakers this indicates the amplifier is o.k. and that the fault is in the radio itself.Make sure the balance and fader are set at 0 or centered in the radio controls as this can cause this here.

If the balance and fader are all o.k. I suspect the fault is in the radio itself with it needing removed and repaired by an authorized repair center or removed and replaced to correct this here.I dont suspect any of the speakers are at fault since they were not an issue before the repairs were done.This sounds like the radio may have shorted internally and caused this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete