GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have 2010 silverado. Having same problem as previous

Customer Question

Customer: I have 2010 silverado. Having same problem as previous customer. Check engine light comes on & then stabilitrak warning comes on dash. Shortly after engine powers down. I tried taking battery cables off & it corrected it, but shortly afterthe same thing happened. Wondering why this appears to be a widespread problem with the chevy's. Is there a permanet fix for this ? My name is ***** *****. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Only s.tarted this winter.I noticed that it started after I put my after market wheels on for my winter tires. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Most times it corrects itself after I shut truck off & restart
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 10 months ago.

Have you scanned for trouble codes?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I haven't tried that yet. Was hoping you might have a simpler fix, given the many complaints that I have seen online for the same problem. It seems to be a very common problem with the Silverado.

there are a few common failures but the codes will help point us in the right direction ...it would be unfair to guess ..