Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

My 2005 chevy colorado will start and then stop. I bypassed

Customer Question

Customer: My 2005 chevy colorado will start and then stop. I bypassed the key security a while ago. My coolant was low and I had a coolant engine light code but I dont remember the code. It wasn't getting to 167 degrees i believe. I added coolant but it still runs for a second and dies.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just had an oil service performed. I drove back to my house, turned it off. It was running perfectly. I get back in the truck, turn the key, it begins to start runs for a second and stops. I checked the oil level and it is good. Transmission oil is good.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Triston replied 10 months ago.

The most common problem I seen on the Colorado with you symptoms is a bad camshaft solenoid on the right front of the engine go bad or bad throttle body but these would cause the check engine light to come on and if it's one we'll need the codes to be more sure if there are no codes relating to engine performance the problem is probably fuel related like a bad fuel pump. If the temp is too low you will need a thermostat to fix that problem. I hope this helps, please give a positive rating. Thanks