C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2007 Chevy 1500 that the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****. I have a 2007 Chevy 1500 that the fuel pump runs continuosly with the key in the forward position. the pump still runs with the relay and fuel pump fuse removed. If i pull the fscm fuse the pump will stop. Would this be more of a fscm problem or an ecm issue.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what other details would you like.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the Fuel system control module is shorted out. Have you tried rebooting the system by disconnecting the battery cables for 5 minutes letting the modules discharge and try again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
battery was disconnected. The Body control module was also replaced Due to possible lightning damage. Also are getting codes p069e and p025a. Have cleared the codes and they stay active. Would these codes be accurate for the fscm shorting out and would they keep the engine from firing. If we replace the fscm does it need to be programmed to the vehicle.

Yes I am afraid the module is in need of replacement and it does need to be programmed with a tech2 or equal scan tool to program.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not seem to have any visible spark while cranking with the plugs removed and grounded to the head. Would this be due to the codes being active and the fscm being shorted out.

With the short the signals sent from the fscm to the computer will not allow spark.

Once you get it replaced everything will go back to normal operation.