rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Power windows locks mirrors lights all stopped working on

Customer Question

Power windows locks mirrors lights all stopped working on the driver side door passenger all works. Noticed for some time now when the driver side door was all the way open none of the switches on the door would function. When the door was closed everything worked fine even the seat warmer. The other day all started to not function properly even when the door was closed. I reached down and pushed on the wire harness between the door and truck body and felt the wires. That finished it off because nothing's no has worked since.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Ok, you found the short in the wiring, so that needs to be fixed first. Check all your fuses next, but it's doubtful to be a fuse. It sounds like the body module fried from the short. This can only be confirmed with a scan tool attached to the computer system and bi-directional tests done.

Thanks, Ron