Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

My name is ***** *****, I have a 1998 GMC k3500 with the 6.5

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, I have a 1998 GMC k3500 with the 6.5 diesel. I recently put in a new motor with new pump replaced crank position sensor and pmd. Truck starts with no problem when cold. Once it get to about 175 temp it runs rough and dumps and smokes fuel. It does not go into this condition slowly, it just all of a sudden it run like this
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: acts like the timing is way too advanced when it gets to temperature. gives me code 1214.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

I have seen this several times and has been a failed injector pump. I have attached a code chart for you to review.

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Roy, what would cause a brand new IP to fail immediately?
Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

hard to say without removing and dis assembling. it does happen. my first one drove me crazy as I never suspected a new part causing the failure. you always assume new parts never fail. at least the part will be free for you just have to do the labor of replacing.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my service

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 1 year ago.

Roy