Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2008 Chevy Tahoe driverside door lock actuator. Replaced it

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, 2008 Chevy Tahoe driverside door lock actuator. Replaced it but it will now not unlock
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a bad actuator, and I replaced per instructions I researched, but it is in but now the door won't unlock in any way. t first, it wouldn't close. THen, I lock it and it clo but loked shut
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

will it lock ok and just not unlock ?

do you have a multi meter or test light on hand ?

may i ask what the old actuator was doing or not doing to be replaced ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The old one had a plastic piece break off. It was loose. I think i must not have it connected properly. I need to get the door panel off while the door is closed or unlock it manually some how. If something is not connected properly I think I'll be able fix it. But right now I can't get behind the panel
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

can you get at the door panel screws then slide it up and out enough to open the door to access the latch assembly ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can barely reach the assembly. I'm trying to get the panel off but it is tough with the door locked closed any ideas?
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

weasel it up enough to get it open usually flexing the panel up enough will get you access

Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here