AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

Have a 2001 chevy Malibu and the right rear brake line is

Customer Question

have a 2001 chevy Malibu and the right rear brake line is rotten mostly from the abs unit to the rear right brake is there a way to block the port off the abs unit to block the fluid from getting to the right rear brake?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Do you intend to drive it like that? or are you wanted to do this only while you replace the line?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i need to be able to replace the line without fluid dripping all over the place the car is in my garage now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello

OK. You could cut the line an inch or so past the flare nut and crimp it if it's not badly corroded. This will not hold pressure. The alternative would be to purchase a plug from napa.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
which line is it on the abs unit please

Let me see if I can find you a diagram. One minute

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

The only diagram I have of the ABS module doesn't specify which line goes where. are you able to follow the line from the wheel to the module? Here is one of the plugs

PLUG

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the unit is buried underneath the battery tray but I guess we will have to remove all of that to get to it.

Yes. You will have to remove the battery and battery tray. I will give you the service procedure. One minute.

chances are if the right line rotten out, the left side is not far behind. You might want to consider doing both sides, unless of course the left side appears to be in good condition.

I just realized that this is still open. Do you still need assistance? If not please remember to rate the service. If you still need help, please let me know so I can assist you to the best of my ability. thank you.