BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2010 silverado engine loses power and service stabiltrack

Customer Question

2010 silverado engine loses power and service stabiltrack light comes on then the engine reduce power light comes on. it is worse in cooler weather. 5.3 engine and*****
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you tell me if the check engine lights comes on when this occurs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check engine light is on and I think it may need a new gas cap. it starts with stabiletrack off then traction control off then engine power reduces and truck slows down very fast.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in my research i have found that several 2010 silverado trucks are having this same problem .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
23 January 2016 06:17
check engine light is on and I think it may need a new gas cap. it starts with stabiletrack off light comes on then traction control off light comes on then engine power reduce light comes on and truck slows down very fast.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

If the check engine light is on you should have the computer scanned for codes. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. Bring me the codes and this will help. The most common cause of this is bad battery cables. The cables on this truck are junk and have poor connectivity which causes a voltage drop which causes this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any preferred battery cables i need to ask for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can let the truck sit until the lights go off and then it will start an run like it never happened. then down the road it will all start again.
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

That definitely sounds like the cables. I would still have the computer scanned for codes first. As for the cables you can either fabricate your own, otherwise the dealer is the only place to get them.