Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
13677702

Trying to find out if a a PCM refalsh is needed after

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - trying to find out if a a PCM refalsh is needed after throttle body replacement on 2010 malibu ls 2.4l
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: originally had a check engine light indicating throttle positioning sensor bad. Tried cleaning and got all kinds of errors - ecm, low performance, traction control. So I replaced the throttle body which has the TPS and IAC module on it. Now it starts and revs over 3000 rpm until I put it in reverese. Idles down to about 1K. Then put in park and idles fine until I touch the gas peddle and it goes back to 3K. Drives fine on the highway but it does not seem to be relearning the idle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, very possible you will need a shop with full scanner to do the reset, One has to follow the drive cycles to the T and sometimes may have to repeat a few times till it self adjusts, Soemtimes we just cant get them to relearn so we have to scanner the car and reset values. Most times drive cycles by the repair manual work, but sometimes they do not so,, here is the link of what to follow after TBI work is performed

Please rate my service, I work hard for positive feedback, Many thanks