Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  10 YRS. EXP. ASE CERTIFIED SPECIALIZE IN ALL ELECTRICAL AND A/C ALSO AND ENGINE PERFORMANCE
10186415

2012 EQUINOX
, INTAKE CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR EXHAUST

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 2012 EQUINOX
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: INTAKE CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR EXHAUST CAM SHAFT POSITION SENSOR
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid $28.00. I saw no $18 option. Am I ready now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you have a part number for these from a place like auto parts warehouse I also have code p0420 which is catalyst system low efficiency bank 1. Would this be the frt or the rear. where on the engine are the cam sensors? with my luck inside the block
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Po420 would be the rear catalytic converter or right engine side toward the firewall. If you truck is setting cam shaft position codes and you have a 3.6 engine you need too have the timing chains replaced. Please give a positive rating. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a 2.4
so as long as i get cat conv rear direct fit i should be good????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
see if this looks right.... Part Number: EAST50508 Manufacturer Number: 50508 from autopartswarehouse.com
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Thanks former the info. On your truck you only have 1 cat converter and its toward the rear of the engine towards the firewall. I don't don't part numbers but if the cat fits and has to correct metals inside it wil work. As far as the camshaft position codes if make sure the oil is full and if so you'll need camshaft actuator and solenoids to repair. Thak

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not need the camshaft intake postioning sensors or the exhaust positioning sensor. where are the cam actuator and solenoid located? how complex is it? I put big disc brakes on 76 and my 85 c10 with belltech sways bars and tubular control arms so i can turn a wrench but no where near a tech level.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know a little about gen 1 and 2 engines not much past that i do have a ls1 in my 85, but i had it installed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in other words... i'm a fuel injection idiot
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Very technical repair. Amateur in this field will Need all special holding tool to set the timing. The solenoids are on top the valve cover at the front of the engine, the actuators are under the valve cover front of the camshaft.