Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

Ok I have a 2001 Silverado 3500 4x4. Today I set the

Customer Question

Ok I have a 2001 Silverado 3500 4x4. Today I set the emergency brake while parked on a hillside. When I released the brake and left the hillside, I got a flashing red brake alarm on the dash and a beeping alarm sounding. I checked the fuse on the side of the dash for the brake(good) and made sure the brake pedal was fully released. There is not grabbing of the brake yet the alarm will not shut off. As soon as I move the truck the beeping starts again. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

can you reach down to the switch and depress the tab and see if the light goes out??? it could be the switch itself.

also, one of the cables may also be seizing. thats why I suggest trying to manually depress the switch.

Roy

Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

how are you making out