Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

Keep Throwing code P1514 - Throttle body performance vehicle

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Keep Throwing code P1514 - Throttle body performance vehicle has been turbo charged also keep getting a security light flashing and battery light but charging 14.4 volts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well the security and battery light are flashing at all times but vehicle has good charging system as far as the CEL (P1514) happens when leaning into boost
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you with this code we need to know what iti is you are working on please. Year and model as well as engine size would be helpful. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There are no codes its just a battery light flashing as well as a security light flashing in the "message center" on the gauge cluster itself... vehicle is a 2001 Chevy Tahoe with a 5.3L 2WD
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

So you not getting the code P1514 now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
nope
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
vehicle runs and drives fine its just the annoying orange flashing square in the cluster
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Usually if the light is battery light is flashing and you have the correct alternator and its charging good then that usually means the you have a problem with the cluster. Usually in most cases that will cause a code to set.