Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2012 Chevy Cruze, the front driver side parking light does

2012 Chevy Cruze, the front driver side parking light does not turn on. Left side and both rear ones do turn on...when using the left turn signal it flashes but very dimmed. And Does it have a fuse for the parking lights??

There is a fuse but it controls both of the lamps. If it is very dimmed this is either caused from a bad bulb or you have a issue with the wiring. Many times the ground wire will just need to be cleaned up and it will be good. Pop out the entire light by using a flat head screw driver. Inspect the bulb for any darkness in color or abnormal looking filament. If so replace the lamp. If it is still not working check the wires going to the unit clean and repair as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is that for the parking light also?? because that one doesn't turn on at all...i can see how the ground is affecting the turn signal but not the parking light...and is there a specific spot where the wire is grounded too??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just replaced the head lamp so the connector where the bulb sits in is new and the bulb is also new.

I honestly do not have the wiring diagrams on this vehicle available. Let me opt out and put this question up to the other experts they should be with you shortly. No need to reply until somebody does.

The problem you are experiencing is due to a bad ground to the drivers side park lamp and turn signal. This is why the turn signal back feeds through the park light circuit. Try running a jumper wire from a good ground to the black wire at the park/ turn socket. If this fixes the problem, permanently attach a new ground wire. If this does not fix the problem then the bad ground is within the bulb socket and the bulb socket would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alright let me try it

Thanks, ***** ***** me know if you need additional assistance.

Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification