Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

My name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to figure out how to

Customer Question

Customer: hello! My name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to figure out how to remedy what I believe is vapor lock in my 2002 chevy cavalier. I just had a new muffler installed
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I try to start the car, it's turning but, won't start up. instead I just get a loud backfire from the muffler
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 10 months ago.

This can also be caused from not enough fuel from the pump. .Have you tried starting fluid to see if it will atleast start?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not yet!!

These are generally known for this type of issue. Over time the pumps get weak. It will start with extended starts to popping out the muffler. I would like to verify the problem is fuel related. Go ahead and use starting fluid or carb cleaner and spray into the intake. If it starts than dies it is indeed fueling. I would start by replacing the fuel filter and if the problem is still there replace the pump.

Expert:  Roy replied 10 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

there indicates an issue with the payment for the phone call.

Roy