If the new module has the same part numbers and code, you should be able just to plug in the module and it will work. You will have to reprogram your remote (key fob) to the new module. Use the procedure below to program.
1. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder
2. Remove the "MALL PGM" fuse from the fuse panel.
3. Close all of the doors and liftgate.
4. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to "ACC".
5. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to "OFF", then back to "ACC" within 1 second.
6. Open, then close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters the BCM programming/diagnostic mode.
7. Press and HOLD the transmitter "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.
Important - After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful SYNCHRONIZATION. - It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirming successful PROGRAMMING.
8. Repeat step number 8 on each additional transmitter to be programmed.
9. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
10. Install the "MALL PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel.