Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Have Chevy venture I'm lost control alarm how dis active

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Is it the factory alarm that you are having problems with? If so, what symptoms is it exhibiting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is factory alarm lights flushing and hor
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

The factory alarm is controlled by the BCM (body control module) This module is located behind the glove box in passenger side of dash. Best thing to do is to replace the BCM, but you can disable it by unplugging the module. You will lose remote door locks and a few other features until you can replace the module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to try that or how to active new control alarm I'm try to active new but the button door lock is not working
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

A new control module should work after installation. Check part number and code on new module to make sure they are the same.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok my cuestion how active new control alarm whit the same module
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

The alarm is built into the module. If the alarm is malfunctioning, the whole module has to be replaced. You cannot repair the internal components of the module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but we have extra control how reactive the extra control
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

If the new module has the same part numbers and code, you should be able just to plug in the module and it will work. You will have to reprogram your remote (key fob) to the new module. Use the procedure below to program.

1. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder

2. Remove the "MALL PGM" fuse from the fuse panel.

3. Close all of the doors and liftgate.

4. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to "ACC".

5. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to "OFF", then back to "ACC" within 1 second.

6. Open, then close any vehicle door. A chime will be heard when the system enters the BCM programming/diagnostic mode.

7. Press and HOLD the transmitter "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.

Important - After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful SYNCHRONIZATION. - It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirming successful PROGRAMMING.

8. Repeat step number 8 on each additional transmitter to be programmed.

9. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.

10. Install the "MALL PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm try but is not active the remote and don't see the fuse MALL PGM WERE IS LOCATE THIS FUSE IM SEE THE PCM IS THIS YOU TELL ME
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

This fuse is in the dash fuse panel. May also be called the BCM PRGM fuse.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I'm going to try
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is not work the alarm come back on lights ,horn, And now don't starte run 30 seconds and don't star. Is one way to bloque the alarm and make Run wit out alarm
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Will the engine run with the BCM totally disconnected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
runs the engine but nex one hour stars and turns off the engine and try to starte runs only 30 seconds and no more runs
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like you have problem other than alarm or BCM.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We change the PCM and have same problem I'm tink is going to the Mecanic shop you no help me very much