Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My venture 98 I'm los the control remote and has factory

Customer Question

My venture 98 I'm los the control remote and has factory alarm how disconnected is run in but for two minutes flashing lights and the hor make noise
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually the only way to keep this from occuring here is to replace the remote.You can also try locking and unlocking the doors with the key and see if this turns off the alarm or disables it.If this does not work with the key let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete