Eddie
Eddie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 20 years professional experience in advanced engine controls and transmission rebuilding.
29534642

On my 2013 Silverado the horn goes off every time you turn

Customer Question

On my 2013 Silverado the horn goes off every time you turn the key on and the vehicle will not start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Lets try this, pull the neg. cable off the battery, wait a few minutes, reinstall neg. cable, then make sure all the doors, and hood and shut, then put the key in the drivers door lock and lock and unlock the drivers door a few times. Let me know if that helps. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not help
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Try the same thing, but use the key fob to lock and unlock the doors. Did you try to call Onstar just to see if they could help yet? let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not mean the remote keyless entry remote
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Try both, see if either one helps. and call Onstar to see if they can unlock it. They might be able to help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not have the remote entry or do we have on star
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Alright, Do you have a scan tool by chance capable of communicating with the Body Control Module to see why the Alarm is getting tripped?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I give up....thanks
Expert:  Eddie replied 1 year ago.

Alright, if you don't have a scanner, and you can't get it disarmed by what we have discussed here, then I would suggest a mobile locksmith, they have a scanner and likely they can come out and take care of it for cheaper than a tow if you have any in your area. If that doesn't help, then depending on mileage and service date the dealer may be able to get it covered under warranty. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.