Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

I have a 2004 Tahoe that I changed the brake lights to LED,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I have a 2004 Tahoe that I changed the brake lights to LED, they worked fine, I then changed the interior bulbs to LED, now the brake lights are not working, but the back-up white light is constantly on in drive, help1
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: after i changed my interior bulbs to LED lights, my LED brake lights are not working, including the 3rd light, but, the white back-up light stays on while I am in drive...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes, that is fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 1 year ago.

The problem is that if you don't use the correct LED bulbs then you are not getting the correct resistance and the vehicle is designed to use this resistance in the circuit to make it work correctly.

I recommend you install the original style bulbs or add a resistor to each bulb or purchase bulbs with resistors built into them.

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 12 months ago.

Please rate me.

Thanks,

Jeromy