Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

I'm putting a sbc in my trailblazer. Carburated. I want to

Customer Question

I'm putting a sbc in my trailblazer. Carburated. I want to know how to keep abs and a/c
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

On the ac get a compressor that mounts to your block and adapt the lines to it. As for the abs it was not dependent upon your motor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the HEI tachometer signal that the 4L60E needs. I'm not sure which wires need to be connected to that. The controller needs that signal. I already got a tps unit that the vehicle needs.

So you are going to keep the trans? I would not recommend that route i figured you were putting a th350 in. If you are going to try and keep the trans, you have got your work cut out for you because the pcm controlled the erngine and trans, and there are many inputs it relied on from the engine. I am not sure the pcm would function in a capacity for just the transmission.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No worries. I've finally found a donor straight six with low miles. I'm gonna keep my small block in my pick up. Thanks for your help.

you probably done the right thing. Sir would you do me the honor of giving me a positive rating