Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I leased a 2015 Chevy Equinox in Oct. 2014 wife included in

Customer Question

I leased a 2015 Chevy Equinox in Oct. 2014 for my wife included in the lease was free oil changes. The car has only 2700 miles and is at 35% and the dealer will not change the oil until it reaches 20%. The oil level is good every time I check it (monthly) should I be concerned that the oil have never been changed.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

There is no need to be concerned. Your vehicle uses synthetic oil straight from the factory and is engineered to last 5000 to 7500 miles. So at 2700 miles, it simply isnt due yet. And synthetic oil doesnt break down just from sitting and being seldom driven.

Engines today are built with tighter tolerances, more finely machined and unlike vehicles 20-30yrs ago dont require an oil change after the first(###) ###-####miles. That was done because the machining as not as fine and you would have metal shavings in the oil after the first 500 or so miles as the engine broke in. Today's engines dont have that issue and no break in period needed.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?