GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I had a code stating to replace the Throttle Body, and my

Customer Question

Customer: This is Doug - I had a code stating to replace the Throttle Body, and my wife told me the check engine light has been on a while, and that she could not use the automatic start feature. I have over 210K on the car and its been really dependable for years. Now I switched out the throttle body, changed gasket, plugged in harness and started the engine it went to 3,000 RPM. I have now just taken off the battery ground and was trying to get the computer to relearn itself, but that didn't work either. Don't know what to do at this point ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: is there a re learn procedure i need to do after replaceing the throttle body ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Like how long ?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

What kind of vehicle do you have. as a general rule there is a relearn procedure.