George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I have 1999 chevy suburban code 1345 is coming up and it

Customer Question

I have 1999 chevy suburban code 1345 is coming up and it says when I get smog cat not ready evap no ready changed crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor and the o2 sensor bank 2. I have also drove it 500 miles since then and it still think its not ready evap not ready
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1999 k1500 suburban
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I fix this need it to pass smog
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

The P1345 means the cam/crank offset is more than 2 degrees. You need a scantool that can display the offset and move the distributor until it is less than 2 degrees. Each time you move the distributor the engien speed has to ba raised above 1500 rpm for a second or so to reset the reading.

Once you get the code clear then you should be able to drive it to run the onboard tests.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
any mechanical shop can check
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, as long as they have a scantool that reads the cam/crank offset. Most of them do and it is a simple adjustment to get them in sync.

Please let me know how I can help you with your question

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok you were right my timing was off 17 degrees now that I fix that will my cats read because when I go get a small it just says cats not ready when I went to my mechanic and he put it on his machine it says cats pass so I don't know why they're not being ready
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

Are there any other codes being set?

The rest of the testing procedure should run, it may take extended drives from a cold start to get everything to run.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there's no other codes being set but I'm not completely understanding what you were saying as far as cold set so I can run
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.

A drive cycle is from a cold engine through about a*****in changing conditions with some medium speed cruise along the way. If you follow that pattern a couple of times then the rest of the tests should run. If they don't a code will set or be pending that will point to the reason the tests did not complete.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you