JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech
6149662

I believe in maintenance before failure. My 2011 impala has

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** i believe in maintenance before failure. My 2011 impala has reached 119,000 miles. on Japanese zero clearance engines i believe in change the cam chains at about 100,000. what about the impala?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 3.5 Liter V-6 with AC
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 10 months ago.

they are non interference and rarely fail.. If you maintain your car and drive normal I do not forsee a failure.. Its the type of thing on a 3.5 if its not broken don't fix it..