BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have recently started having the same problem. It began

Customer Question

I have recently started having the same problem. It began while I was driving home a couple weeks ago. The locked doors kept trying to re-lock as if I were pushing the lock button. When I got home with the keys out of the ignition it kept acting as if I were using the remote to lock it over and over but I don't lock my car inside the garage. Horn honks, lights flash, doors lock. Repeatedly. But never unlock. It went on for a while then stopped, and didn't happen again for a few days. Then it started at a restaurant and I had to leave. And a couple more times in store parking lots and I had to get back in and leave. Today I didn't even press a lock button or remote to trigger it, as you mentioned above, and it was happening.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If the references seem strange, I read a similar post and thought this would tag onto the bottom of that conversation. Referencing a question asked in that conversation, I do not have on star.)
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. There are a few common cause on your vehicle that will cause this. Start by checking the negative ground connections at the negative battery cable. Make sure that where they connect to the body and engine are clean and tight. If they are then you more than likely have a failing body control module or ignition switch. The ignition switch is the most common failure that causes this. It can be hard to diagnose this without a scan tool that reads body control module data. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.