Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

2004 tahoe the climate control is not sending the air to

Customer Question

2004 tahoe the climate control is not sending the air to vent or bi-level defog or defost just a little air to floor> but you can hear the blower is working ?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

When the flow output does not change, this can be due to a faulty Mode Door Actuator. The Actuator is located behind the center of the dash, mounted to the lower section of the HVAC housing. If you have a center console, this will need to be removed to gain access. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, remove the actuator and turn the door pin by hand. The output flow should now change levels. If not, then the problem will be the mode door internal of the housing. The housing will need to be removed and repaired as needed. If the flow is correct, replace the Mode Door Actuator. For an image view of the locations, click here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkacl5e3fgof7qa/mactuator.jpg?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi George. I noticed this thread was still open and wanted to check-in and see how you made out? Was the actuator the problem? Were there any other questions you had on this issue? Did you need repair manual procedures?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

..