AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Y son has a 2008 Cobalt. We had a new body control module

Customer Question

Customer: y son has a 2008 Cobalt. We had a new body control module installed several months ago, now it won't start again.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We think it is the security lockout but cannot seem to get it reset or the car to turnover or start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
VIN is 1G1AK58F187348468
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Amedee are you still there?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have paid my $28 by Paypal invoice 30125598.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your email to me requested my credit card be set up and i am not using a credit card,
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

Hellp and sorry for the delay! I had logged off last night by the time you replied. Anyway, let me explain how this starting circuit works. The ignition switch sends a signal to the body control module. The body control module then sends a signal to the engine control module. From there, the engine control module grounds the starter or CRANK relay which in turns sends power down to the starter. Anything in this circuit or anything that can distrupt the flow between the ignition switch, these modules, crank relay or starter can prevent the engine from cranking over. YES, even a security issue or simply a bad starter. I would start by checking for power down at the starter and work your way back to see where you are losing voltage. Here is a wiring diagram of this circuit.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

I do work all day today. I will be home late tonight. If this helps, please dont forget to rate my answer. If you have any further questions, please reply back and I will respond when I get off of work. Thank you and good luck!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

Hello it's Amedee. I am just checking in to see if you have any further questions? If so please let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 10 months ago.

.