GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

, The headlights won't come on. Checked the fuses and

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Williams
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The headlights won't come on. Checked the fuses and replaced the Switch. What do I look for next?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me the year, make and model of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1996 Chevy Tahoe 2 door
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I see Bobby is still online. Do you still need help?

Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information. I am sorry that I could not get back to you yesterday. Can you tell me if all of the other exterior lights work? Do you have a voltage meter to run some tests?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All the other light are functioning correctly. I've checked the 50 Amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood and it is not blown. Is there a relay for the headlights that is in line with the headlight switch and the headlights and if so, where might it be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a voltage meter. is there some sort of diagram of the connector to the headlight showing what the pin assignments?
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello i am Reggie okay your headlights i am looking at the diagram now your headlights leave the switch and go to your daytime running lamps module it is most likely at fault

under left side of instrument panel taped to the harness you will see the yellow wire from hedlights it should have about 5 or 6 wires in the connector when you locate it look for the yellow wire to have voltage when you have lights turned on

Goof morning I made a mistake on your truck I meant the dimmer switch go to dimmer switch at base of column