BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Skip from Doniphan, MO. have 2005 Silverado 2500HD. 150,000

Customer Question

Customer: Skip from Doniphan, MO. have 2005 Silverado 2500HD. 150,000 ***** *****. Started the other morning in about 15 degrees. Cranked a little longer than usual (more than3 or 4 revolutions) it ran for almost a minute and then died. Thought it was gelled so i put it in a heated building for 48 hours but it still would not start. The glow plug lightt comes on and goes off and it cranks like mad but no hitting and no diesel fumes.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: About all i can tell. It started and died and just cranks but does not try to start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. I'll wait a bit and then if not answered by bed time then I will check in the morning. Why are you calling me "***** *****"
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. It sounds like you are not getting fuel. You need to start by checking to see if the fuel filter will prime. Loosen the bleeder screw and pump up the primer to see if it will get firm. If not then the housing may be leaking or there may be an issue with the supply line. If it does prime then the relief valve in the fuel rail may have failed and is stuck open.