Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

Name is ***** *****. Issue is that on my 2003 chevy express

Customer Question

Customer: Name is ***** *****. Issue is that on my 2003 chevy express van when I depress the brake pedal the dome light come on and the flasher speeds up making a left hand turn
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it just started with or without the van running the dome light comes on faintly. As long as it is in park the turn signal works fine. It will also work fine until I depress the brake pedal then it speeds up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds to me as though there is a faulty part. Let me look at that wiring diagram a second to see where all these circuits meets or what they have in common, cause that may be where the short is.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I need to know which express this is and what engine?

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I see the G302 ground behind the left kick panel is a common ground for the headlamp/dimmer switch, the turn signal hazard flasher module, the body control module and the courtesy lamp relay, so I would unbolt that ground, clean the metal with sandpaper and reattach the ground and then check out the lights now.