GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Trouble shooting a 2003 chevy express 5.3 that will not

Customer Question

Customer: trouble shooting a 2003 chevy express 5.3 that will not crank. checked 10 amp crank fuse in box and it has no power when key turned to crank. all lights work but not head lights and battery shows more than 12 volts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When discovered battery was dead but nothing was left on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Chevy Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the truck die while driving or did it just refuse to start. If the check engine light coming on when the key is turned on?