GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2007 vortec ***** ***** crew cab, a year now ive

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** I have a 2007 vortec ***** ***** crew cab , for about a year now ive been having the traction control/ servie stabilitrak ligh come on then followed by a hard shift 1st and 2nd on and off for the past few years , now its coming on several times daily and now the service engine light , service air bag, service tire monitor system, lights are staying on ... had it scanned and p0011 code came up for camshaft position sensor ...should that fix it ?? already cleaned throttle body, new battery / alternator , checked wheel speed sensors now im all out of options ...help ya Silverado boy out please lol
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when the service traction control light comes on it shifts hard until the light goes away and now when it goes away it only stays off for about 10 miles at the time before it reappears and the whole process starts over again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 11 months ago.

HI Spence, I am Cam.

Do you have your Vin and the codes that are set please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the code set was p0011 camshaft position sensor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks for responding Cam , really appreciate it man the vin # ***** *****

Ok the code is for the camshaft actuator. This changes the timing as needed. Attached is the information for this. Likely you will find the solenoid or wiring issue. This solenoid is behind the water pump. Have a look at the info and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
should I replace the camshaft actuator ? And is this an issue that a lot of 07-13 Silverado owners have had ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Also I've unhooked the wheel speed sensors and that didn't help either , if I could stop the hard shift from happening I could deal with all the other service lights lol my truck has 35inch irok's on it and it'll chirp them 35's like it ain't nothing when it shifts hard like that lol

Does your scanner get codes for any other systems? The service stabilitrak will be on because of the check engine code and we need to start there.

Yes if wiring is good, change the solenoid.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had auto zone scan it and that's just what he told me that it was throwing a code poo11 , the check engine light just went off like 5 minutes ago but the traction / stabilitrak , service tire monitor and service air bag lights are still flashing away ! Cam could you text me ? Be easier if you could cause I am desperately wanting to resolve this issue this week and if you can help me I will pay you directly through my PayPal account cause nobody including he Chevy dealership seems to be able to know what's going on

Ok I think the issue is that the scanners used by AutoZone cannot read all the codes. DO you have an option to get it scanned elsewhere?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I really haven't looked anywhere else to get it scanned , I ve noticed by looking that this is a problem pretty much with a lot of 07 and up models .. I just got the camshaft sensor I will put hat on tomorrow and see what it does

Ok, Let me suggest something you can get yourself to scan. Its called a BLUEDRIVER, its sold on Amazon for 99$ and it uses your smart phone as the interface. Its great for getting all codes as a code reader. I think one of those would be a benefit to your issue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alright thanks Cam I will get one , if anyone else has has this problem in the past and has the solution please let me know

I am certain we will find codes and it will lead us directly to it. The short fall will be in communications. When I am fixing a vehicle, looking, listening and everything I have built up over time come into play. In this, I am getting only what you are seeing. This is not meant as anything but a fact and it’s a shortfall in this interface. I think a phone call when we get more info, codes and such may be well worth your money and time.